This listing includes events and happening on Watchic Lake. Many other regional events can found at the Maine Today calendar site. Some events are WLA sponsored, and others appear for the benefit of Watchic Lake users.
- 8/2/2019 to 8/3/2019. Town of Standish Summer Spectacular 2019, includes Party in the Park with fireworks, food, games and music on Friday evening, and full set of family friendly events all day Saturday. More info from Standish Rec here.
- 7/20/2019.“Lakes Alive” Floating Classroom. Times and location TBD. The WLA has worked with the Town of Standish and the Maine Lakes Society to bring their floating classroom, “The Melinda Ann Pontoon Boat” to Watchic Lake on Saturday July 20. As the Melinda Ann cruises, children and adults alike, will investigate Watchic Lake and participate in activities that raise their awareness, increase their appreciation and deepen their knowledge of how lakes work.
- 7/6/2019. Watchic Lake Association Annual Meeting, Saturday July 6 starting at 9:00 am to about 11:00 am. At the Standish Municipal Center (Town Hall). More details to follow.
- 5/17/2019 to 5/19/2019. South Shore Outboard Powerboat Races. Off Kiwanis Beach. Friday test runs. Saturday 12:00 – 5:0o pm. Sunday 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. Contact 978 692 5224. Not a WLA supported event.
- 5/4/2019 to 5/5/2019. PropSnapper RC airplane “Spring Fly Float“ event at Kiwanis Beach. Held jointly with Propsnappers of Portland ME. Not a WLA supported event.
- 9/7/2018 to 9/9/2018. American Powerboat Association Races. Off Kiwanis Beach. Friday test runs. Saturday 12:00 – 5:00 pm. Sunday 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. Contact 978 692 5224. Not WLA sponsored.
- 8/18/2018 (morning). WLA Plant Inventory Day. Paddle with a Certified Invasive Plant Patroller to help gather and evaluate native and invasive plants in the lake. Learn more by contacting Steve Lajoie at email@example.com
- 8/11/2018 10:30 am to 12:00 pm “Loons of Maine and Watchic Lake”. Love the loons? Want to learn more about them and how you can protect them on your lake? Then please join us for a family friendly presentation and discussion led by Lee Attix, Director of the Loon Conservancy. Location Standish Town Hall, 175 Northeast Rd Standish, ME 04084. This event is free for Watchic Lake Association members, and $5 per family for non-members. For more information contact Steve Lajoie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8/11/2018 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm Watchic Lake Tie Up. Hook up your boat, canoe or yourself and meet your neighbors on the lake. Tie up location will be somewhere in the middle of the lake off Big Island. For more info contact Rick Wiggin at email@example.com
- 7/21/2018 about 1:00 pm. WLA Ice Cream Boat. The WLA will cruise the lake delivering free ice cream and answer any questions people have on the lake.
- 7/7/2018. Watchic Lake Association Annual Meeting, Morning of Saturday July 7 at the Standish Municipal Center (Town Hall). More details to follow.
- 6/21/2018 to 6/23/2018. Standish Summer Spectacular 2018, Save the date info from the Town of Standish here. Rockin’ Lakeside Launch on June 21 (food trucks, games, rock wall and live music) 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm at the Sebago Lake Public Boat Launch. Fireworks to be held at Standish Memorial Park on Friday June 2 and can be seen from the lake. Not WLA sponsored.
- 5/18/2018 to 5/20/2018. American Powerboat Association Races. Off Kiwanis Beach. Friday test runs. Saturday 12:00 – 5:0o pm. Sunday 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. Contact 978 692 5224. Not WLA sponsored.
- 4/28/2018 to 4/29/2018. PropSnapper RC airplane “Spring Fly Float“ event at Kiwanis Beach. Held jointly with Propsnappers of Portland ME. Not WLA sponsored